How many of you gorgeous ladies where makeup to the beach or pool parties? I’m guilty as charged! Since I’ve been spending a lot of time at the beach this month, I wanted to share some tips on how to get the Beach Face look.
The key to getting away with this is less is more. Here are a few tips to achieve that “no-I’m-not-so-insecure-that-I’m-wearing-makeup-to-the-beach” look (just kidding!):
- APPLY YOUR SUNSCREEN. SPF 30+
- Wear a sheer base, just to even out your skin tone. This is where we can put our favorite BB/CC Cream and Tinted Moisturizers to use.
- If your sheer base isn’t enough to reduce imperfections, start spot concealing. Dab concealer on imperfections using the pads of your index/middle finger.
- I like to brighten up under my eyes.
- Use cream bronzers/blushes. I feel like cream products look more natural and blend easier than powder.
- Apply your bronzer to the high points of your face. Forehead, tops of cheeks, nose, chin. This is where the sun naturally hits. Blend with a brush or your fingers.
- Dab blush onto the apples of your cheeks and blend outward into the bronzer.
- Use waterproof mascara on your eyes or better yet, if you’re on vacation get lash extensions!
- Pencil in your brows with a waterproof brow pencil, using short feathery strokes.
- Clear balm/gloss for your lips.
In the look above, I’m using:
- * Dermalogica Broad Spectrum SPF50
- * Dermalogica Idealia BB Cream in Medium set with Ben Nye Luxury Powder in Beige Suede
- * Covergirl + Olay The Depuffer eye concealer
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Radiant Light on all the high points of my face
- Collistar Twist XL Satin Blush in Petalo
- Makeup Forever Aqua Brow
- * Covergirl Smoochies Lipstick in #textme